Tuesday, October 7, 2008

My point is ...

The idea of creating this blog is actually kind of spontaneous. It happened when I’m conducting presentation for group 5B this afternoon.

To complete the assessment, presentation alone is not enough. They are also required to write a term paper. But, knowing those students, they will resort to the most popular way - the cut-paste method. Can you imagine my disappointment encountering those things? Thus, while assessing their boring presentations, I got this idea - converting paper-writing to blog-writing. It may reduce the tendency of cut-paste risk since whatever they write will be globally read and they need to be responsible when quoting anyone ideas or otherwise they were about to commit the crime of plagiarism. Guess, I'm killing two birds with one stone then.

Ermmm .. don’t tell anyone, but the real reason for this is to save myself from boredom reading their ever copy-paste assignment! And, now I relieved my burden (of boredom) to you, too! Hehehe … evil: evil: evil:

I don’t feel like discussing what the positive effect of doing this. It is up to them to think by their own. But, deep down I do hope that they will benefit something from this kind of exercise. If they get more than I hope, it will be bonus for them.

Point being, it is an effort to make them think out loud what they have inside their minds. They may not actively participate in class for some understandable reasons. So, this is good avenue for them to channel their wandering minds' output. Never mind all the grammatical concerns (my grammar also rusty!). It is their thoughts and ideas that matter. At least they proved that their brain is working.

So … let’s the game begin!

5 comments:

CY said...

Ok, we've got your point, and we ready to take the challenged...

()""()
( ^-^)") Chayo2...
(,) )
L,L L

ChickenSoup(AMD5PB) said...

We will fight for our mark ;)

Cik Peesha said...

Yeahh ... try your luck ... Remember ... I got something for the best ...

CY said...

OMG...hope that we gonna get that "something" b+ smangat nk buat ni...hehehhe

Pistachio For Brain (AMD5PD) said...

thanks miss...we will try our best to cheer ur blog..uhuuu...but its very challenges to us to face it...